Employees are the most important assets and their safety and well-being are our primary concern and responsibility. It is the policy of San Roque Power Corporation to provide and maintain a safe and healthy work environment to protect both people and property from damages and loss. Further, it is our goal to create a safety culture among our employees to foster an understanding that each has the ultimate responsibility to work safely.
It is the intent of SRPC to promote safety awareness through:
- Compliance with lawful requirements to eliminate unforeseeable hazards which may result in losses, damage and personal injury or illness;
- Clearly defined safety Standards and Procedures to emphasize that all employees are responsible for preventing accidents on the job and off the job.
- Control and prevention of losses through good management in combination with active involvement and cooperation among all employees;
- Open communication among management, supervisors and workers in the identification of unsafe acts and conditions and in taking expedient action to correct these conditions;
- Training in hazard awareness and support to the safety programs and accident reduction techniques necessary to implement this policy.
Every effort will be made to assure that employees can accomplish their assigned tasks safely. Employees should not continue working if there is imminent danger, but they should control the hazard before they proceed. No task is so important or so urgent that we cannot take time to do it safely.